Sales Engineer – Conveyor and Sortation Solutions
Damon Australia is experiencing major growth and we are seeking to expand our team with an experienced sales engineer. The Damon Group has become the largest, preferred manufacturer and supplier of conveyors, sorters and conveyor rollers in China. To better serve our Australian customers, Damon opened a manufacturing base in Melbourne. Our product range has expanded to include an extensive range of modular roller conveyors, belt conveyors, sorting equipment, pallet conveyors and storage solutions.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for meeting sales targets and providing customer support. You will identify potential markets, develop and implement sales strategies to further grow the business. Key tasks and responsibilities of the role will include, but not limited to:
- Building and managing relationships with current and prospective customers, engineers and re-sellers.
- Providing a high level of support to clients.
- Developing conveyor system concepts and designs to comply with specifications, product throughput and client requirements.
- Preparation of tenders and technical documentation for presentation to clients.
- Contract negotiation.
- Project management.
To be considered for the role of Sales Engineer, you shall have a minimum of 5 years' experience in selling and designing end to end carton and pallet handling solutions. As a suitable candidate, you will require the following key attributes;
- A proven history in a sales role within the industry with a sound knowledge and of carton conveyors, pallet conveyors and sortation equipment.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and design capabilities.
- Customer focused, professional, proactive and results driven.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Highly organised with a keen eye for detail.
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic AutoCAD skills desirable but not essential.
- A current drivers licence.
Remuneration includes your base salary, superannuation, car allowance, notebook computer, mobile phone and the flexibility to work from home.